Founder’s Day, June 16, 2012
On Saturday, June 16th, 2012, seven alumnae, along with some family and friends, met at the Mount for a delicious lunch and presentation to re-energize the Emmitsburg Club.
The audience was treated to a viewing of the first half of the film, The Spirit Continues, which traces the beginnings of the seminary and college in 1808 at Mary’s Mountain and the coming of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton and her sisters to St. Joseph’s Valley to establish a girl’s school one year later, in 1809.
Lunch was followed by a delightful talk by Fr. Michael Roach, the Mount’s adjunct professor of history, about the first days of the two Catholic academic communities in Emmitsburg. He shared many stories of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton and her colleagues and mentors at the Mount.